Things to know when your candy arrives:
- Keep in a cool (below 68 degrees F.) dry place.
- Keep away from heat (radiators, air vents).
- Keep away from STRONG odors (very important). Chocolate will pick up the taste of odors (cigarette smoke, cheeses). If you place chocolate in a leather handbag it will taste like that leather. Candy will absorb any odors that it is exposed to.
- Keep away from damp or wet area (basements, laundry rooms).
- Cocoa butter in chocolate melts at approximately 98 degrees F. If you eat or drink something that is very cold, then eat chocolate, it will change the taste of the chocolate.
- To store our chocolates for an extended period of time, wrap entire box in plastic wrap, keep at 50 degrees F.and at or below 50% relative humidity. Before serving remove the candy from the cold area and keep it wrapped at least 24 hours in an area that is approximately 70 degrees F. The reason is if you take candy that is 50 degrees and expose it to a room that is 70 degrees then condensation will occur (a white film will appear on the chocolate). It is ok to eat but it will lose its attractive appearance.
- Lerro's chocolates are best served when the candy is at room temperature. Our chewy pieces, caramels, nougat, peanut chews, etc. are made to have the right texture at 70 degrees F.
Follow these rules and you will have a pleasurable experience eating Lerro's candy.
Things to know about ordering:
All our candy is made to order. We are set up to make small batches and when we have orders for a batch we produce that piece of candy. Since we produce many types of candy, it may take a few days to make an assortment. At the holidays we anticipate through experience our needs and produce extra. If by chance we overproduce then we offer our customers who purchased our candy in the past a chance to buy the overstock at a special price.
You, our customer, can order our regular packages with our shopping cart. We will also pack a box with any kind of candy you like. This is what we call our "CUSTOMER PACK". The CUSTOMER PACK can include any type of candy on our list. For example, you can place an order like this: 1 pound box milk chocolate caramels and dark chocolate raspberry jellies. Another example: 2 pound box milk chocolate almond bark and milk chocolate cashew patties. A "CUSTOMER PACK" request MUST be sent via email. firstname.lastname@example.org. We will email an invoice to you that can be paid with a credit card or PayPal.
Please note when you pay with your credit card, we only receive a confirmation number from PayPal We don't see any personal financial information. We will have your shipping information and your email address so we can process your order.